Times will vary based on the size of the chicken.
5 pound whole chicken salt and pepper for seasoning
I cooked this on a 4 burner grill. Turn on all 4 burners and get the hot for 5-10 minutes
1. Clean the chicken inside and out. Pat dry and place on the cutting board
2. Butterfly cut the chicken (if you do not know how to do this, there are many sites on the web with instructions)
3. rub Canola oil on both sides of the chicken.
4. Turn off the 3rd and 4th burners and place the chicken, skin side up on this side.
5. Let the chicken cook for 45-50 minutes, DO NOT OPEN THE COVER!
6. After the 45-50 minutes turn the burners that are on, down to low. Turn the chicken over, skin side down and place on the lit side for 15-20 minutes. Internal temp of the chicken should be between 165 and 175 degrees.
7. Remove the chicken from the grill and slice carefully.